History and products
In Bechlín, Mrs. Šustrová started making products from cornhusks in 2012. In 2015, she started producing figurines for nativity scenes. The rustle she uses is from her own garden or from the fields around Bechlín. The unique active Podřipský nativity scene has grown to extraordinary dimensions of 4×2×1m. This nativity scene is currently unique in the Czech Republic.
The workshop of folk tradition will offer you a wide range of products that will caress your soul.
Podřipký Bethlehem - an impressive exhibition with year-round visiting possibilities
- ideal for families with children, tours and school trips with a visit to Mount Říp
- multimedia stage illuminated and controlled electronically for 20 min.
- a set of more than 220 cornflake figures on an area of 4×2 m
- 38 moving pieces
- world unique - the first nativity scene of this type in the Czech Republic and Europe
Throughout the year, Jiřina Šustrová organizes courses of folk art.
- Old Bohemian pastries - in this course you will learn how to bake Old Bohemian gingerbread, unleavened, so-called Vizovice pastries, sourdough pastries and also so-called ceremonial pastries.
- Production of figurines - from corn husks or straw products.
Courses are prepared for groups, ideally from 5 to 10 participants. But after a telephone agreement, it is also possible to arrange an individual course. Materials for the course are arranged by the Sales Workshop of Folk Tradition.
Ms. Štyrandová is the holder of the ČESKÉ STŘEDOHOŘÍ regional produkt® certification for Folk Art Courses and Corn Whiskey Products.
411 86 Roudnice nad Labem
+420 416 838 2678