Masaryk lock - Ústí nad Labem

The locks were built between 1924 and 1936 and they were made to ensure the navigability of the river.

The lock was one of the largest in the Czech Republic and one of the most modern in Europe. The monument is also known as Střekovská dam. A part of the locks is a hydroelectric power station, two lock chambers, a fish ladder and a weir, which can help to achieve a level difference of 10 meters. From the Elbe trail under the Střekov rock near Ústí nad Labem, you can cross over the river to the other bank of the Elbe and see technically perfect waterworks at the same time, which is an important construction on the waterway to Hamburg. A lovely view of the locks can be also seen from the Střekov Castle. The area is accessible during special events such as open days.

Detailed information about the Masaryk lock.


Masarykovo zdymadlo
Litoměřická 1043/31
400 03 Ústí nad Labem

Web page


Industrial and technical monuments