Journey of the Bohemian Central Highlands
Head to the local workshops for traditional handicrafts and bring back a beautiful gift or souvenir.
A visit to the Bohemian Central Highlands is not always just a hike or a sightseeing trip, but also an experience connected with visiting local producers and producers.
What does traditional craftsmanship look like, how are handmade products made, what does it smell like in local factories?
You will find out all this on the JOURNEY OF CZECH CENTRAL HORIZONS!
Head to the workshops and shops of regional producers. Most of them are just a knock away, some are better to call ahead. Experience the local atmosphere for yourself!
SEE A SMALL VIDEO TASTING
Cornhusk products and folklore courses - Bechlín
Handmade products, figurines and a nativity scene made of cornhusk will caress your soul and offer a beautiful experience.
History and products
In Bechlín, Mrs. Šustrová started making products from cornhusks in 2012. In 2015, she started producing figurines for nativity scenes. The rustle she uses is from her own garden or from the fields around Bechlín. The unique active Podřipský nativity scene has grown to extraordinary dimensions of 4×2×1m. This nativity scene is currently unique in the Czech Republic.
The workshop of folk tradition will offer you a wide range of products that will caress your soul.
Podřipký Bethlehem - an impressive exhibition with year-round visiting possibilities
- ideal for families with children, tours and school trips with a visit to Mount Říp
- multimedia stage illuminated and controlled electronically for 20 min.
- a set of more than 220 cornflake figures on an area of 4×2 m
- 38 moving pieces
- world unique - the first nativity scene of this type in the Czech Republic and Europe
Throughout the year, Jiřina Šustrová organizes courses of folk art.
- Old Bohemian pastries - in this course you will learn how to bake Old Bohemian gingerbread, unleavened, so-called Vizovice pastries, sourdough pastries and also so-called ceremonial pastries.
- Production of figurines - from corn husks or straw products.
Courses are prepared for groups, ideally from 5 to 10 participants. But after a telephone agreement, it is also possible to arrange an individual course. Materials for the course are arranged by the Sales Workshop of Folk Tradition.
Ms. Štyrandová is the holder of the ČESKÉ STŘEDOHOŘÍ regional produkt® certification for Folk Art Courses and Corn Whiskey Products.
411 86 Roudnice nad Labem
+420 416 838 2678